The 15th Annual IREM-CCIM Economic Forecast, the premier real estate outlook each year, features one of the Valley’s top economic gurus, presents panels with local industry experts, and returns to an in-person event after going virtual this past January.
The event is scheduled for Friday, Jan. 14, 2022, at the Arizona Biltmore, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., in Phoenix. Registration and breakfast begin at 7 a.m. The program runs from 7:45 a.m. to noon. Registration is $109 for IREM and CCIM members; $119 for non-members; and $139 at the door.
This year’s keynote speaker is Elliott D. Pollack, CEO of Elliott D. Pollack and Company, an economic and real estate consulting firm in Scottsdale.
Pollack has degrees from Boston University and the University of Southern California. He has been a practicing economist for 46 years. For the past 31 years he has been president of the economic and real estate consulting firm that bears his name.
Pollack has taught economics and has written more than 1,000 articles over the years. His job has been to help clarify how current and future economic conditions fit into the decision process, as well as to explain how past decisions relate to the present situation. The keynote address begins at 10:35 a.m.
“It’s always a pleasure for us (IREM) to work with CCIM to put on this fantastic event. Our committee of CPMs and CCIMs have worked very hard to plan an event everyone will be excited to attend, and that will provide timely, critical information as we look ahead in 2022,” said Tyrel Williams, CPM, ORION Investment Real Estate, IREM Greater Phoenix President.
This year’s industry panels:
- The office panel features moderator Andrew Cheney, CCIM, Lee & Associates; LJ Willis, Mid First Bank; Marina Hammersmith, CCIM,
- ORION Investment Real Estate; John Orsak, Lincoln Property Company; and Rosie Keller, Transwestern.
- The multifamily panel features moderator Mark Schilling, CPM, MEB Management Services, AMO; Shannon Hersker, Walker & Dunlop; Robert Hicks, Portico Property Management; Jay Ramos, Leon Capital Group; and Bill Hahn, Northmarq.
- The industrial panel features moderator Todd Hamilton, SIOR, CCIM, Citywide Commercial; Jenn Borcherding, VanTrust Real Estate; John Kinser, Enterprise Bank; Rob Martensen, Colliers International; and Angela Gomez-Jones, RPA, Link Logistics Real Estate.
- The retail panel features moderator Nick Miner, CCIM, ORION Investment Real Estate; Carole Schillne, Keyser; Michael Pollack, Pollack Investments; Neal Churney, CCIM, Alison Company; and Gary Shaw, Arcadia Management Group, Inc.
The event is co-sponsored by the CCIM Central Arizona Chapter (Certified Commercial Investment Member), commercial real estate’s global standard for professional achievement; and the Greater Phoenix Chapter of IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management), which comprises more than 295 professional commercial and residential real estate managers.
“This outstanding event always provides excellent insight into the dynamic Phoenix commercial real estate market,” said Hamilton, CCIM Central Arizona Chapter President. “The 15th annual edition is sure to usher in a year of even
more change and potential turbulence. I can’t wait to hear what the experts have to say.” Register at iremccimeconomicforecast.com.