Specialty printer manufacturer Primera Technology, Inc., today announced the new Primera Trio, the world’s smallest and lightest portable all-in-one printer. Primera Trio prints, copies and scans in full color or black monochrome from a unit that weighs just 2.7 lbs. (1.2 kg), is about the size of a hardcover book, and fits easily into computer bags, backpacks and briefcases, setting a new benchmark in the portable printer market.
Designed for business and leisure travelers as well as local users with on-the-road printing needs, Primera Trio copies, scans and prints on standard A/A4-size paper with fast and reliable full-color inkjet technology.
It can print text, graphics and photo-quality images on plain paper with up to 4800 dpi print resolution.
Postcards, invitations and 4” x 6” borderless photos can be printed by using the printer’s rear feed slot.
Innovative patent-pending design keeps the size small. For example, the top cover opens to reveal a built-in 10-sheet input feeder. A unique rotating print head is then moved to the “up” position so that the printer is ready for use. For traveling, the print head folds back down, caps itself to prevent drying out or leaking while in transit, and the top cover folds back into the case.
Primera Trio also:
• Connects to any computer, laptop or tablet that includes a USB port and supports Windows® Vista®, 7 and 8x or Mac® OSx 10.7+.
• Comes with Primera PTgo! scanning and copying software, which allows scans to be saved as .pdf files, .jpg images or other common file formats.
• Offers an optional battery pack that delivers up to 100 printed pages on a single charge.
• Offers an optional vehicle mounting bracket and 12V/USB power cords for applications requiring in-vehicle printing such as route delivery, public safety and law enforcement.
• Lets you personalize your printer with optional top covers in silver, white, pink and blue.
“Until now, portable printing has never really been practical. Existing page-size portable printers are heavy and bulky; the smallest machines print only in black monochrome with low print resolution on old fax-style thermal paper that curls, fades in sunlight and easily scratches; and hotel business centers are notoriously outdated, out of order, out of paper and not secure,” said Mark D. Strobel, Primera’s vice president of sales and marketing. “Primera Trio is a true road warrior’s dream. It is as easy to carry as a laptop, as full-featured as much larger and heavier desktop all-in-ones, and is as close as your computer bag when you need it.”
Pricing and Availability
Primera Trio sells for $399.95 (MSRP) and is available on most popular web stores. USA orders can be placed at www.primeratrio.com.